Monday 17 August 2015

Please believe that the RM2.6 billion is a donation, says Muhyiddin



Despite Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin being Umno’s deputy president, he has claimed that he was not informed about the recent expose involving RM2.6 billion in donation to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s account.
According to the former Deputy Prime Minister, the knowledge of the monies were based on the report by the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) that exposed the matter.
“I was never informed about the RM2.6 billion. I was only informed after the Wall Street Journal exposed and this was witnessed by the (Umno) secretary-general. As the deputy president I did not know.
“I do not want to question the donation funds, I do not want to dispute it either. It is not a small amount though,” he said after officiating  the Pagoh Umno division Women, Youth and Puteri Wings delegates meeting, here, today.

In the mean time, Muhyiddin who was also Pagoh Member of Parliament also recalled his dialogue with Najib when he had asked for an explanation over the money.
“I asked from where (did the money come from), he said from Middle Easteren contributors. I ask who was it and he replied that he can’t tell me.


“I asked him where did the money go to, he said it was into my account. Why in your account? , I asked and he replied that the contributor had told him to put it in his account.
“Do you believe it ? Well you do since someone has told you, you just believe it.”
In addition Muhyiddin also raised questions on the status of the money, claiming that several parties have been demanding for an explanation on the monies following his conversation with several Umno members.
He said, all parties including the people were expecting an explanation regarding the monies that was claimed to have been donated for the party’s use.

“The account has since been closed, is the any balance left ? Has it been banked into the party’s accounts ? I am unable to answer whether these things have happened or not.
“There are still a lot of unanswered questions. If its true that our government is transparent and accountable, we need to show it not only through words.
“Only then would the people be confident that the government is transparent and responsible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment